Ralph Venning, 1650
VII. Concerning the Scriptures
62. He believes that the Word of God is true, and yet believes that God does not speak the Word because the Word is true, but that the Word is true because God speaks it.
63. He believes that no man knows the mind of God, and yet he believes that the Scripture contains his will.
64. He believes that the Scriptures were written by men subject to error, and yet he believes that there is no error in them.
65. He believes that there is no contradiction in Scripture, and yet he finds the same thing commanded (Gen. 17:12) and forbidden (Gal. 6:12).
66. He believes that the Scriptures are true, and that they are from God, because the world does not believe them.